The successful candidate would have a strong, hands-on technical and project management expertise based on formal training and experience in the Oil & Gas engineering discipline, supported by a minimum of 7 years’ experience managing brownfield projects in the Oil & Gas industry. The successful candidate will be seconded to work at a client’s facility in Alexandria, Egypt. The total duration of this assignment is indefinite but a minimum of one year is required.
As a Delivery Project Manager, you coordinate and manage the implementation of all the technical aspects of our as-built and digital transformation customer delivery projects, in terms of delivery date and quality of the technical deliverables, from offer preparation through project realization activities and customer acceptance. In this context, you plan, organize and steer the customer delivery project activities within the scope of as-built and digital transformation services These activities cover project scope and requirements definition, elaboration and execution of the project strategy up to customer acceptance.
You identify and monitor the technical risks of strategic projects while providing alternate solutions to mitigate the risks. You monitor Quality of Service and stability, ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are within contract definition. You coordinate answers to unresolved technical issues and sets up technical support processes between the internal team of Micro Engineering and the customer.
In your role as DPM, you are accountable for delivering the engineering and technical part, and potentially all project deliverables, in terms of quality, schedule and content.
You will closely collaborate with customer delivery project stakeholders such as process engineers, instrumentation engineers, piping engineers, project management teams, drafting teams, local delivery teams and customer technical interfaces. You are the customer’s prime interface for all the technical aspects of the solution, and you manage the day to day relationship with the customer. Therefore, some travel to local customer sites is required.
● You define the technical part of Project Management Plans.
● You define an end-to-end delivery strategy & coordinates the involvement of engineering teams.
● You validate the technical part of Project Management Plans.
● You are supporting the Micro Engineering team in making sure that projects are delivered, in terms of quality, schedule and content in line with the Project Management Plan.
● You identify deliverables under your responsibility. You plan & execute these deliverables taking care of cost & milestones
● You are the prime interface with the customer for all technical concerns.
● You understand the customers' strategy and manage his technical expectations
● You are in charge of identifying risks for both customers and Micro Engineering. You propose & implement risk mitigation
● You define the KPIs with the customer. You define the strategy of follow up with the Project team.
● You are responsible to propose a migration strategy & plans of execution
● You work in a highly challenging and ever technology changing environment
● You get involved in a great variety of technologies
● You combine multiple roles/execute different type of activities
● You experience directly the customer-facing and appreciation
● You deal with different internal and external stakeholders and partners
● You participate in a different type of projects Vast experience in project, cost & risk management
● Additional certifications, such as PMP certification, are a plus
● You have an Oil and Gas, Process Engineering, Piping Engineering experience
● Experience and background in as-built projects and PID development
● Managing field personnel ensuring compliance of personnel and field activities with Company policies and procedures.
● Managing project services team (Project coordinators, Technical Management and document control ensuring compliance are met or exceeded).
● Employee development and performance management.
● Provide leadership, strategic direction and key decisions representing quality deliverables on serving on various projects.
● Provide visible leadership in support of safety, reliability, and compliance.
● Create, develop, and aggressively manage operating expenses.
● Protect, develop, and expand Micro Engineering internal knowledge and growth.
● The position of DPM reports directly to the Technical Operation Manager and Senior Project Managers. The DPM is expected to work closely with the field teams, Business Development Manager, Team leads, and Head Quarter Managers to support execution of their duties.
● Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
○ Working with the senior team members in the scheduling of all project personal.
○ Working with the senior team members, Technical Operation Manager and Project Managers and Project coordinators personnel to ensure all project and client requirements are met.
● Technical support and solutions for all field projects.
● Hands on-field knowledge and supervision of field personnel.
● Oversight of quality control on documents from the field to the delivery stage.
● Managing keys to success for team personnel and project services.
● Work with the business development manager to analyze and negotiate project services
● Continually update and improve Company processes and procedures related to project management including the planning, organizing and execution of field projects.
● Direct Project Management on field projects from time to time.
● Prepare estimates and quotations and review estimates and quotations from Sales and Project Managers.
● Review and sign-off on document control, project invoicing, and deliverables to the client.
● Technical support and leadership on projects.
● Provide leadership, support, training and monitoring of personnel in their adherence to Company policies, procedures and field activities.
● Report and/or discipline Company field and project services personnel when HSE and Company policies or procedures are violated.
This position requires a person who is competent, well organized, positive, and self-starter capable of managing projects and personnel simultaneously. The person filling this position is required to have a broad understanding of all aspects of as-built services, processing engineering, piping, instrumentation and PID work with a focus on brownfields engineering services. Strong interpersonal and creative thinking skills coupled with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making ability are required to effectively manage project activities and personnel.
· Direct experience supervising as-built and brownfield projects and personnel is required.
· 6 to 8 Years of experience related to planning, organizing, and executing as-built and brownfield projects
· Must possess the ability to strategize, grow, and solidify business operations
· A strong financial acumen to maintaining budgets, read and make decisions based on company financial reports.
· A degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized educational institution or industry association is preferred.
Education or training in a recognized safety designation and/or project management discipline would also be an asset.
Hours for this position are expected to be 60% in the office and 40% in the field.
● You are personally committed to quality
● You love working in a customer-facing environment
● You operate autonomously and are result driven
● You take ownership and accountability
● You are flexible in taking up different roles and tackling multiple technologies
● You have strong negotiation and communication skills in a competitive environment
● You are capable of showing technical and organizational leadership
● Very high English proficiency
● Up to ~30% travel (flexible)